EduNova Annual General Meeting 2023
EduNova held its 19th Annual General Meeting on June 29th at the Nova Scotia Community College – NSCC in Halifax. Forty participants from across Nova Scotia represented universities, language schools, private schools, K-12, and community members at the meeting. Thank you to all who attended!
EduNova’s Board Chair, Peter Ricketts, led us through a packed agenda – from minutes to financials, project overviews, and committee reports – painting a picture of the projects we launched over the last fiscal year. Among these projects were innovative international student programming, including:
- Onboarding the MyCreds MesCertif National Network to post-secondary institutions across the province;
- Launching a Nova Scotia Agent Training program, in cooperation with Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) | Bureau canadien de l’éducation internationale;
- The Nova Scotia International Student Program Ambassador Awards Program; and
- Our Study and Stay – Nova Scotia Capstone and Foundations Programs powered by iCent – Your International Centre
1. The Honourable David C. Dingwall LL.B., P.C., the President and Vice-Chancellor of Cape Breton University;
2. Kerrianne MacKenzie, Chief Operations Officer, Cape Breton Language Centre;
3. Dr. Jennifer MacDonald, Director, English Language Studies and University Access, Dalhousie University Faculty of Open Learning & Career Development; and
4. Our new Chair, Robert Summerby-Murray, President and Vice-Chancellor of Saint Mary’s University.
We are excited to be working with these new members. EduNova’s next Board meeting will be held in Fall 2023, date TBC.
EduNova’s 2022-2023 Annual Report
EduNova’s 2022-2023 Annual Report has been completed and is ready to share with our partners. Thank you to all our members, partners and funders for your support and effort. You are an asset and a crucial part of EduNova’s achievements.
Study and Stay™ Capstone Program Graduation Ceremony
On July 7th, 2023, EduNova hosted a graduation ceremony for the seventh cohort of its award-winning Study and Stay™ Nova Scotia Capstone program at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax.
A total of 89 students from 28 different nationalities graduated and were congratulated by EduNova members, staff, partners and funders who attended the event.
“You are graduating from a program that tells the world you are ambitious, dedicated, and tenacious. As you begin a new stage in your life, you can be confident that you can and will make a difference in the world. Like the Study and Stay™ graduates who have gone before you, you now possess the knowledge and skills to lead, learn and grow”, said Shawna Garrett, President and CEO of EduNova.
In September 2023, the Study and Stay™ Nova Scotia program will enter its 8th year, with a cumulative retention rate of over 86% one-year post-graduation.
Applications for the 8th cohort of the program will open in Fall 2023; for more info, please visit: https://studynovascotia.ca/stu
Study and Stay™ Foundations Summer Activities
Study and Stay™ Foundations is thrilled to present a series of captivating activities exclusively designed for international students.
July 15th: Shaw Wilderness Hike
August 5th: Duncans Cove Hike
August 19th: Downtown Halifax Scavenger Hunt
These activities have been carefully curated to provide international students an unforgettable summer adventure while fostering personal growth and cultural integration. By participating, students will have the opportunity to build connections and create new friendships with fellow international students; enhance cultural integration by immersing themselves in new experiences and develop valuable soft skills that will contribute to their personal and professional growth.
Spaces for these thrilling summer activities are limited, so early registration is highly recommended. Encourage your students to register by sharing this link:
Together, let’s make their summer truly extraordinary!
EduNova Office Closure